Monday, May 5, 2008

1:27

Our worth only amounts to what we invest our lives in.

Over the last few days I have really accepted the fact and realized that the rest of my life probably will not be spent in America. I think I have said this before but yesterday it became a real thought.

--------------------------

I think I might try to make a sub-category or a branch of 'WhatDoTheyNeed?' called "1:27."

The vision for "1:27" is not just to care for orphans and widows but also living out the second half of the verse (james 1:27), which is 'keep oneself from being polluted by the world.'

So "1:27" wont just care for the widows and orphans, which it will totally, it will also be a massive campaign to bring awareness about the family-less. Keeping ourselves from being polluted by being informed, by realizing the need, by promoting social justice, not being drug down by the norms of the world -- the "If I dont think about it, it isnt really happening" approach.

If we are all created equal then why dont we start acting like it?

Just another idea for the brainstorming sheet. Drop a comment let me know what you think about the 1:27.

No comments: