Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pop culture, RAPS!

She had them Apple Bottom Jeans [Jeans]
Boots with the fur [With the fur]
The whole club lookin at her
She hit the floor [She hit the floor]
Next thing you know
Shawty got low low low low low low low low

Them baggy sweat pants
And the Reeboks with the straps [With the straps]...

Q. What are 'Apple Bottom Jeans?'
A. Apparently a jeans company with a semi provocative website. The company is owned by STL's very own Nelly, so I guess that covers that.

Q. How about 'boots with the fur?'
A. They seem to be, with limited Google research, Bearpaw Sonjo Fur Boots, these boots have rabbit fur uppers and swede feet. Interesting

Baggy sweatpants and the Reeboks with the straps, that is self explanatory and totally acceptable.

I guess my question really is how have the 4 seasons and 'December 1963' in time turned to T-Pain and "Shawty" and her hideous apparel? Don't get me wrong, for some odd reason unknown to me, I love me some T-Pain and well pretty much any pop culture rap. But I have no clue why. I guess if I have to wikipedia the lyrics of a song stuck in my head to find its meaning I should probably really start to evaluate my music tastes... I guess.

This is the most worthless blog post I have ever made. I think I really just wanted to be able to put the Apple Bottom Jeans lyrics in a blog. Cheers.

I guess it would be fitting to insert April fools here to cover my back for the nonsense I just wrote.

No comments: