Sunday, April 27, 2008

What do they need?

What are we here for? Really, what is our reason, or purpose, if you will for being here on earth? I love baseball, Boulevard, and Mac & Cheese, but I dont really think those are my purpose. I love Jesus, learning new things and people, but these seem too broad to be my exact reason for life. (Dont get me wrong living for Christ is why I am here.) But specifically, like my daily life's activity, what is the point.

I get confused sometimes. What am I supposed to do? What if I discern His will wrong?

This has been a thought, and even a battle of mine for the last couple of weeks. But today I quit worrying about it.

We Just have to love. All the rest will fall in place. If we dont love the people, we cant save the people.

Evangalism is exciting, experiencing Christ with people is the most amazing thing ever. But if it isnt sincere, if we arent interested in their lives and meet them where they are then what is the point?

James is interesting. He throws a curve ball and I think a needed one at that with his thoughts on religion.

Wrap yourself around this:
James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

So besides the obvious, JC, I raise the question again; "What Do They Need?"

No comments: