Monday, May 4, 2009

Speak to Me!

So, as my graduation present to myself I am going to buy Rosetta Stone and learn a new language. I have narrowed it down to four languages but I am not sure which one to choose.

The finalist are:
1. Mandarin
2. Farsi
3. Hindi
4. Swahili

I am leaning towards Farsi but I am seriously excited about them all. I guess best case scenario I would learn them all but as for now I can only choose one. So what do you think? Persian, Chinese, the major language of India, or that crazy click from Africa?

2 comments:

rachel rianne said...

interesting.

farsi is what you're leaning toward the most?
i'm curious as to why? where are you thinking about traveling?

hindi is fun. mostly, i think because you feel like you get to do the hand/head motions with it. plus it makes their accents so much more respectable.

Jeff said...

i hear mandarin is really hard. you should consider working for the cia if you learn farsi. learning a language is a huge commitment. i guess you should be the only one to make that decision. plus you know the reasons for doing it.